4.16.2009

Moving toward the exits...

After reading the section on "The Moving Image" I began to contemplate how High Definition cameras has changed the way television and film is produced. While there can still be shots in a disconnected syntagm, can actors still be shot in different locations and then cut together to restore the connection? It would seem like the technology used would make this more difficult and would require much more planning. Maybe HD actually makes it easier to achieve naturalism or realism, I am not sure. There is also the issue of modality, and how HD can affect visual detail, background depth, light and shade, color, etc. Does this change how a moving image is viewed or has there become a new standard for the moving image and how its elements are viewed by the receiver.

I know I do not offer any solutions, mainly because I do not have any, but I imagine this would be a discussion in newer textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment